Landis+Gyr Selects Accept360 to Innovate Smart Grid Solutions
Company leverages Accept360 solution to innovate and drive market leadership
Santa Clara, Calif. and Zug, Switzerland – March 1, 2011
- Landis+Gyr is the global industry leader in energy management solutions and smart metering, and has one of the broadest portfolios of products and services for the electricity, gas, and heat markets. Landis+Gyr products and solutions empower utilities and end-consumers to improve their energy efficiency, reduce energy costs and contribute to a sustainable use of resources
- Accept360, by Accept Software, is the only end-to-end product portfolio management and execution solution that tightly links company and product strategy with execution to deliver the right products to the right customers at the right time
- Landis+Gyr selected Accept Software from an evaluation of five competitive solutions. Landis+Gyr chose Accept360 for its end-to-end integration and workflow of the full product innovation lifecycle, rapid implementation, and ease of use
- Accept 360 captures enhancement requests and ideas from multiple internal and external constituents, prioritizes product requirements, provides full traceability of features to ensure contract compliance, and enables cross-organizational visibility into common processes for product, portfolio and development management
- Accept360's common repository and best practices process flow enable product managers, business analysts, customers and partners to have access to critical end-to-end information and to adopt a broader solution perspective to Avira's product offerings
- Landis+Gyr will be implementing Accept360 in its European product management and engineering organizations, where it will be used to manage its portfolio strategy for European smart grid markets and solutions
- Gridstream is an integrated solution that packages Landis+Gyr's smart metering offering and enables a smart grid. The company's smart metering portfolio includes a complete range of the latest multi-energy meters, open communication modules and advanced software platforms. The complete end-to-end solution Gridstream, ensures seamless integration and flow of information and provides tools for personal energy management and network management support, forming the foundation of the smart grid
- Accept360's common repository and best practice process flow enable product managers, engineers and executives to access critical end-to-end information as well as speed up the time-to-market of the Gridstream offering
- Landis+Gyr joins more than 80 leading companies around the world who use Accept Software's solutions to drive faster-time-to-revenue and increase product development profitability. This is done by linking product development with company strategy through market-based portfolio analysis, requirements prioritization, cross-organizational collaboration, executive visibility, and real-time analytics. Other firms include Avira, Cadence Design Systems, Activant, Ultimate Software, Symantec and Alcatel-Lucent among others.
"Landis+Gyr selected Accept360 to help it drive the company's leadership through innovation," said Felipe De Montagut, Head of Solutions Product Management and Innovation, Landis+Gyr. "In the rapidly developing smart grid market it is critical to address customer needs quickly to help utilities manage energy better. This is only achievable by effectively reducing and managing product requirements through automation and best practices."
"The smart grid market is a hotbed of innovation. Serving utilities and consumers alike it is imperative for leaders such as Landis+Gyr to manage their product portfolios holistically," said Bryan Plug, President and CEO, Accept Software. "Landis+Gyr understands that to achieve strategic agility they must manage the big picture as well as product execution details. Their market leadership is a result of organizational alignment through technology, a culture of creativity, and effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. End-to-end product portfolio management is the fastest, most efficient way to drive the product requirements management process to meet market share objectives."
- Landis+Gyr products and information at http://www.landisgyr.com
- Accept Software information at http://www.accept360.com
- Accept360 product information at http://www.accept360.com/solutions
Landis+Gyr is the leading provider of integrated energy management solutions tailored to energy company needs. With a global presence and a reputation for quality and innovation, Landis+Gyr is unique in its ability to deliver true end-to-end advanced metering solutions. Today, the Company offers the broadest portfolio of products and services in the electricity metering industry, and is paving the way for the next generation of smart grid. With annualized sales of more than US$1.36 billion, Landis+Gyr operates in 30 countries across five continents, and employs almost 5,000 people with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
Accept Software delivers The Product Innovation Management solution that technology-driven companies use to decide which products to bring to market for the fastest time-to-profit. The Accept360 Suite is the only complete end-to-end software solution that tightly links company and product strategy through ideation, portfolio planning, roadmaps, requirements and execution. For more information, visit www.accept360.com or call us at +1.866.423.8376
Accept Software and Accept 360 stylized logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Accept Software in the United States and other countries. All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. The information in this document is subject to change without notice.